Please note: This listing is for a fabric piece of approx 70cm.
This is a beautiful Indigo Ikat fabric - A summer weight dressmaking Indian cotton makes it suitable for breezy tops, dresses and loose fitting trousers.
Indigo blue and white Ikat weave.
- 115cm wide
- 125 gsm
Ikat is a resist dyeing technique where the threads used for weaving are dyed beforehand. The Ikat threads are bound in a pattern so that the threads covered by the binding ‘resist’ the dye, creating a design. The more binding done before weaving, the more complicated the pattern. Ikat cloths are prone to slubs and often have ties in the cloth where one weaver ends and another begins, the ties will be on the wrong side of the cloth, these are not flaws.
- Fabrics are sold in half metre increments so if you want one metre, you will need to enter 2 in the quantity box etc. Pieces will be cut in one continuous length.
- Due to varying monitor display settings, colours shown may differ slightly to the actual fabric.
- Any accessories in photos are all props and are not included in the price.
- Before using your fabric, it is advised to wash and dry your fabric as you would for a garment to allow for shrinkage. If you are unsure, cut out a small sample piece and test that piece first - measure the size of the piece before the wash and then measure again after the wash. Any fabrics damaged by lack of care are non-returnable.
- Please check your fabric on delivery prior to using. Any faults or damages must be made known to us within 30 days of delivery.
Need matching thread?
Scanfil Organic Cotton Sewing Thread in Midnight 4818
As there is a limited selection of thread colours, an identical colour is not always possible. We have selected what we think is the closest colour match.