From Fabriclore, this beautiful cloth comes from the town of Akola, their hand block printing is known to have 80% less bleeding than most other fabrics.
Intricately crafted by the Chhipa Community, these beautiful hand blocked designs are inspired nature, flora and fauna, alongside geometric motifs.
Dipped, dyed and printed in small batches to ensure minimal colour bleeding, this is a traditional method of printing textiles. Printed onto organic cotton, this cloth lightweight suitable for tops, skirts, dresses, casual trousers, as well as for accessories and household items.
Composition: 100% Organic Cotton
Weight: 90 g/m²
Width: 109 cm
Colour: Indigo Blue
Washing Care: Gentle hand wash in cold water separately as hand block prints may bleed a little in the first few washes
Made in: India
Image Credits: A Kind Cloth
- Fabrics are sold in half metre increments so if you want one metre, you will need to enter 2 in the quantity box etc. Pieces will be cut in one continuous length.
- Due to varying monitor display settings, colours shown may differ slightly to the actual fabric.
- Due to the handmade nature of these fabrics and prints, there may be slight inconsistencies and irregularities throughout the piece, these are part of the charm of artisanal fabrics, and are not considered flaws.
- Any accessories in photos are all props and are not included in the price.
- Before using your fabric, it is advised to wash and dry your fabric as you would for a garment to allow for shrinkage. If you are unsure, cut out a small sample piece and test that piece first - measure the size of the piece before the wash and then measure again after the wash. Any fabrics damaged by lack of care are non-returnable.
- Please check your fabric on delivery prior to using. Any faults or damages must be made known to us within 30 days of delivery.
Need matching thread? We recommend:
Scanfil Organic Cotton Sewing Thread in Sapphire 4815
As there is a limited selection of thread colours, an identical colour is not always possible. We have selected what we think is the closest colour match.