A beautiful cloth from Merchant and Mills, this may look like a classic chambray but this one has added eco credentials! Made from a blend of organic cotton/hemp and then hemp and organic cotton yarns that are taken from garment leftovers, this is a lovely medium-weight sturdy chambray, soft and versatile for many garments, from shirts to skirts to dresses to trousers etc. A classic style fabric to wear all year round!
- 45% recycled hemp and organic cotton yarns/30% hemp/25% organic cotton
- 143cm wide
- OEKO Tex Certified
- Made in China
More about Hemp:
Hemp and marijuana are both the same species of plant separated only by selective breeding. Hemp is extremely durable, up to three times stronger than cotton. It’s soft to touch, and can hold its shape well. Hemp is naturally breathable and highly water absorbent.
It is hypo-allergenic, UV resistant, anti-fungal and thermoregulating.
Hemp behaves and looks much like linen. It is also grown and processed in a similar way, yet it can yield twice as much fibre as flax. It has a short growing period of about 100 days and so can be planted and harvested up to four times a year. The cultivation process naturally reduces pests and returns 60-70% of the nutrients it takes into the soil. It requires little water or pesticides and no fertilisers. It is the most carbon negative crop, absorbing more carbon dioxide than it produces.
- Fabrics are sold in half metre increments so if you want one metre, you will need to enter 2 in the quantity box etc. Pieces will be cut in one continuous length.
- Due to varying monitor display settings, colours shown may differ slightly to the actual fabric.
- Any accessories in photos are all props and are not included in the price.
- Before using your fabric, it is advised to wash and dry your fabric as you would for a garment to allow for shrinkage. If you are unsure, cut out a small sample piece and test that piece first - measure the size of the piece before the wash and then measure again after the wash. Any fabrics damaged by lack of care are non-returnable.
- Please check your fabric on delivery prior to using. Any faults or damages must be made known to us within 30 days of delivery.