Eco-friendly fabric, this soft Tencel feels the height of sustainable luxury! A beautifully versatile cloth from Merchant & Mills consists of a soft fluid drape with a matte finish. It has a fine twill weave, with the look of sandwashed silk.
In a beautifully soft dusty rose colour, this sustainable cloth is suitable for dresses, tops, trousers and even lightweight jackets.
- 100% Tencel
- Made in Turkey, Oeko-Tex certified.
- 155cm wide
- Wash at 30 degrees on a delicate cycle, with a low spin setting, using non bio detergent. Do not tumble, dry flat.
- If you can, submerge the fabric in water before washing to prevent any white lines from appearing.
- The surface texture of Tencel will go more chalky and less sheeny once washed and lived in.
Tencel is made from wood pulp that’s harvested from tree farms that are sustainably managed and traceable. The fibre production itself is more eco-friendly than cotton production due to its’ closed-loop process. This means that up to 99% of the water and solvents used are recycled and reused.
More about Tencel:
Tencel is a cellulose fibre, which like rayon is made by dissolving wood pulp. It is durable, resistant to wrinkles and has the silkiest drape to handle.
It has excellent natural breathability with 50% greater moisture absorption than cotton. Making it a good choice for those with sensitive skin. It is also anti- bacterial and thermoregulating.
The process of Tencel production ameliorates much of its own environmental effects. Like cotton, Tencel is made from plant materials. However, manufacturing Tencel requires less energy and water than cotton. The solvents used to turn the wood pulp into fibre are contained in a closed loop system, with a quoted recovery rate of 99%. As a naturally derived fibre, Tencel is also biodegradable.
Although it is dyed conventionally (which can be harmful to the environment), Tencel requires a lot less dye than cotton. The manufacturers are actively striving towards greener, cleaner and more efficient production and are currently investing in new, renewable energy sources.
Photo Credits: Merchant & Mills
- Fabrics are sold in half metre increments so if you want one metre, you will need to enter 2 in the quantity box etc. Pieces will be cut in one continuous length.
- Due to varying monitor display settings, colours shown may differ slightly to the actual fabric.
- Any accessories in photos are all props and are not included in the price.
- Before using your fabric, it is advised to wash and dry your fabric as you would for a garment to allow for shrinkage. If you are unsure, cut out a small sample piece and test that piece first - measure the size of the piece before the wash and then measure again after the wash. Any fabrics damaged by lack of care are non-returnable.
- Please check your fabric on delivery prior to using. Any faults or damages must be made known to us within 30 days of delivery.