From the Merchant & Mills collection, this wonderfully soft and versatile cloth with a soft fluid drape and matte finish.
A sustainable eco-friendly fabric, the Tencel is soft, and the small amount of linen gives the fabric more body and a slightly slubby finish. It also makes it easier to work with!
This lovely fabric in a chalky, khaki green colour is suitable for dresses, tops, trousers and more.
- 85% Tencel. 15% linen.
- 154cm wide.
- Made in Turkey and Oeko-Tex certified.
- There is 6% shrinkage with the first wash.
- Wash at 30 degrees on a delicate cycle, with a low spin setting, using non bio detergent. Do not tumble.
- If you can, submerge the fabric in water before washing to prevent any white lines from appearing.
- The surface texture of Tencel will go more chalky and less sheeny once washed and lived in.
- Never dry linen in direct sunlight as the colour can bleach and fade.
More about Tencel:
Tencel is a cellulose fibre, which like rayon is made by dissolving wood pulp that’s harvested from tree farms that are sustainably managed and traceable. It is durable, resistant to wrinkles and has the silkiest drape to handle.
It has excellent natural breathability with 50% greater moisture absorption than cotton. Making it a good choice for those with sensitive skin. It is also anti- bacterial and thermoregulating.
The process of Tencel production ameliorates much of its own environmental effects. Like cotton, Tencel is made from plant materials. However, manufacturing Tencel requires less energy and water than cotton. The solvents used to turn the wood pulp into fibre are contained in a closed loop system, with a quoted recovery rate of 99%. As a naturally derived fibre, Tencel is also biodegradable.
Although it is dyed conventionally (which can be harmful to the environment), Tencel requires a lot less dye than cotton. The manufacturers are actively striving towards greener, cleaner and more efficient production and are currently investing in new, renewable energy sources.
Photo credits: Merchant & Mills
- Fabrics are sold in half metre increments so if you want one metre, you will need to enter 2 in the quantity box etc. Pieces will be cut in one continuous length.
- Due to varying monitor display settings, colours shown may differ slightly to the actual fabric.
- Any accessories in photos are all props and are not included in the price.
- Before using your fabric, it is advised to wash and dry your fabric as you would for a garment to allow for shrinkage. If you are unsure, cut out a small sample piece and test that piece first - measure the size of the piece before the wash and then measure again after the wash. Any fabrics damaged by lack of care are non-returnable.
- Please check your fabric on delivery prior to using. Any faults or damages must be made known to us within 30 days of delivery.
Need matching thread?
Mettler Seracycle Recycled Polyester Sewing Thread in Deep Green 0627
As there is a limited selection of thread colours, an identical colour is not always possible. We have selected what we think is the closest colour match.