This is a beautifully versatile cloth from Merchant and Mills that feels like a cotton fabric but the hemp content gives some added texture and slub making it perfect for dresses, tops, trousers etc.
An organic sustainable eco-friendly fabric, Firland being a light fir green colour.
- 77% BCI Organic Cotton, 23% Hemp
- 153cm wide
- Wash at 30/40 degrees. It is not recommended to line dry this cloth in the sun or using it for anything that will sit in direct sunlight, because the colour can bleach and fade.
- Made in Turkey and Oeko-Tex certified
More about Hemp:
Hemp and marijuana are both the same species of plant separated only by selective breeding. Hemp is extremely durable, up to three times stronger than cotton. It’s soft to touch, and can hold its shape well. Hemp is naturally breathable and highly water absorbent. It is hypo-allergenic, UV resistant, anti-fungal and thermoregulating.
Hemp behaves and looks much like linen. It is also grown and processed in a similar way, yet it can yield twice as much fibre as flax. Hemp is a densely grown plant that literally chokes out any competing plants. This means harsh chemical herbicides aren’t necessary. It has a short growing period of about 100 days and so can be planted and harvested up to four times a year, and so, only requires a small amount of land to cultivate. The cultivation process naturally reduces pests so no pesticides are needed. It requires little water and returns 60-70% of the nutrients it takes into the soil. It is the most carbon negative crop, absorbing more carbon dioxide than it produces.
Photo Credits: Merchant & Mills
- Fabrics are sold in half metre increments so if you want one metre, you will need to enter 2 in the quantity box etc. Pieces will be cut in one continuous length.
- Due to varying monitor display settings, colours shown may differ slightly to the actual fabric.
- Any accessories in photos are all props and are not included in the price.
- Before using your fabric, it is advised to wash and dry your fabric as you would for a garment to allow for shrinkage. If you are unsure, cut out a small sample piece and test that piece first - measure the size of the piece before the wash and then measure again after the wash. Any fabrics damaged by lack of care are non-returnable.
- Please check your fabric on delivery prior to using. Any faults or damages must be made known to us within 30 days of delivery.