Please note: This listing is for a fabric piece of approx 45cm
An incredibly soft sustainable cloth from Merchant and Mills, this Tencel Denim fabric has a soft fluid drape with a slight sheen. It has a fine twill weave, with the look of sandwashed silk.
A wonderful versatile thin lightweight cloth suitable for dresses, tops, skirts, shorts, trousers etc.
- 100% Tencel
- Made in Turkey, Oeko-Tex certified.
- 155cm wide
- Wash at 30 degrees on a delicate cycle, with a low spin setting, using non bio detergent. Do not tumble.
- If you can submerge the fabric in water before washing to prevent any white lines from appearing.
More about Tencel:
Tencel is a cellulose fibre, which like rayon is made by dissolving wood pulp that’s harvested from tree farms that are sustainably managed and traceable. It is durable, resistant to wrinkles and has the silkiest drape to handle.
It has excellent natural breathability with 50% greater moisture absorption than cotton. Making it a good choice for those with sensitive skin. It is also anti-bacterial and thermoregulating.
The process of Tencel production ameliorates much of its own environmental effects. Like cotton, Tencel is made from plant materials. However, manufacturing Tencel requires less energy and water than cotton. The solvents used to turn the wood pulp into fibre are contained in a closed loop system, with a quoted recovery rate of 99%. As a naturally derived fibre, Tencel is also biodegradable.
Although it is dyed conventionally (which can be harmful to the environment), Tencel requires a lot less dye than cotton. The manufacturers are actively striving towards greener, cleaner and more efficient production and are currently investing in new, renewable energy sources.
- Due to varying monitor display settings, colours shown may differ slightly to the actual fabric.
- Any accessories in photos are all props and are not included in the price.
- Before using your fabric, it is advised to wash and dry your fabric as you would for a garment to allow for shrinkage.
- Sale items are non-returnable.