ENDOMETRIOSIS ACTION MONTH 2023
Sewing for Awareness
If you didn't already know, the sewing community is simply wonderful! I first heard about Endometriosis from Jess @sowhatifisew on Instagram. Every year, Jess organises the #SewYellowForEndo challenge, inviting you to sew something yellow, talk about periods, learn about the condition, and raise some money for Endometriosis UK.
In 2022, over 150 people took part in the challenge and raised over £1000 for Endometriosis UK![1.] You can take part by sewing up your own yellow garment, donate just £1 via Jess' Just Giving page, and post your creation on instagram using #SewYellowForEndo23, and tag @sowhatifIsew. On doing so, on the 25th March, you will be in the running to win some amazing prizes! Find out more on Jess' @sowhatifisew Instagram page!
What is Endometriosis?
Following information taken from https://www.endometriosis-uk.org/what-endometriosis:
Endometriosis (pronounced en- doh – mee – tree – oh – sis) is the name given to the condition where cells similar to the ones in the lining of the womb (uterus) are found elsewhere in the body.
Each month these cells react in the same way to those in the womb, building up and then breaking down and bleeding. Unlike the cells in the womb that leave the body as a period, this blood has no way to escape. Endometriosis can affect you from puberty to menopause, although the impact may be felt for life.
- Chronic pain
- Fatigue/lack of energy
- Problems with a couple’s sex life/relationships
- An inability to conceive
- Difficulty in fulfilling work and social commitments
However, with the right endometriosis treatment, many of these issues can be addressed, and the symptoms of endometriosis made more manageable.
It’s important to remember that:
- Endometriosis is not an infection
- Endometriosis is not contagious
- Endometriosis is not cancer
How to get involved:
- Follow @endometriosis.uk on Instagram, share posts and graphics to show your support
- Share Your Story
- Get involved in fundraising events such as the #SewYellowforEndo challenge
- Join a webinar to learn more, see dates at: https://www.endometriosis-uk.org/upcoming-webinars
- If you can, please consider making a donation to Endometriosis Uk at: https://www.endometriosis-uk.org/donate
"With your help, we can end the silence, end the isolation and end the pain endometriosis can cause."[2.]
A KIND CLOTH is not affiliated with aforementioned charities.