ROYAL MAIL STRIKE
Services during Industrial Action
Due to unresolved issues, further industrial action is taking place over the upcoming months. Let's support our important workers and ensure they are listened to.
This is from the Royal Mail website:
The Communication Workers Union (CWU) has called on its members who collect, sort and deliver parcels and letters to take further national strike action on the following dates:
- Thursday 13 October 2022
- Thursday 20 October 2022
- Tuesday 25 October 2022
- Monday 28 November 2022
Further dates have also been announced by the CWU for functional strike action which impacts parts of our operation on the following:
- Processing, Distribution, International, Collections, Admin: 3, 9, 15, 24 November and 1 December 2022
- Delivery: 4, 10, 16, 25 November and 2 December 2022
- Network: 2, 8, 14, 23, 30 November 2022
We’re sorry this strike action is likely to cause you some disruption. We will be working to get our services back to normal as quickly as possible. Royal Mail has well-developed contingency plans, but we cannot fully replace the daily efforts of our frontline workforce. We’ll be doing what we can to keep services running, but you should expect significant disruption on dates when strike action is taking place.
On days when strike action is taking place:
- We will deliver as many Special Delivery and Tracked24 parcels as possible
- We will prioritise the delivery of COVID test kits and medical prescriptions wherever possible
- We will not be delivering letters (with the exception of Special Delivery)
- Collections by Royal Mail from Post Offices will be limited. Customers should expect delays to items sent on strike days and on the days immediately after strike action.
- Collections from Post Boxes will be limited on day/s of industrial action and delay to items should be expected.
- We want to get your services back to normal as quickly as possible after any strike action.
- After industrial action takes place, we'll be increasing our network capacity and using additional resources to assist with getting services back to normal.
- Collections from business customers, Post Offices and post boxes will resume the day after strike action finishes.
- Deliveries will also resume the day after strike action finishes.
Updated: 28 September 2022