ROYAL MAIL STRIKE - NOVEMBER 2022
Thursday 24 November
Friday 25 November
From the Royal Mail website:
Royal Mail has well-developed contingency plans, but we cannot fully replace the daily efforts of our frontline workforce. We’ll be doing what we can to keep services running, but we are sorry this planned strike action is likely to cause you some disruption.
Why are there more strikes?
Royal Mail and Communication Workers Union (CWU) have agreed to jointly engage with ACAS facilitation in an attempt to resolve the current disputes on pay and change. There is a commitment on both sides to reach a resolution. An opening session took place on Tuesday 25 October and further joint sessions have taken place since. On Monday 31 October, Royal Mail proposed a new conditional pay-for-change offer to the CWU worth 9% for CWU-grade colleagues which includes a 7% salary increase over two years, plus a lump sum payment of 2% of pay this year. The offer is subject to agreeing a programme of change with the CWU.
On days when national strike action is taking place:
- Items posted the day before, during or in the days after any strike action will be subject to delay.
- We will deliver as many Special Delivery and Tracked 24 parcels as possible. However, significantly reduced resources mean there will be a delay to some Tracked 24 items posted the day before, on the day of and in the days immediately after strike action
- We will prioritise the delivery of COVID test kits and medical prescriptions wherever possible
- We will not be delivering letters (with the exception of Special Delivery)
- Collections from Postboxes and Post Offices will be less frequent on days when strike action is taking place
- We want to get your services back to normal as quickly as possible after any strike action.
- After industrial action takes place, we'll be increasing our network capacity and using additional resources to assist with getting services back to normal.
- Collections from business customers, Post Offices and post boxes will resume the day after strike action finishes.
- Deliveries will also resume the day after strike action finishes.
Updated: 11 November 2022