SCRAPS? MAKE YOUR OWN FABRIC!
That's right, you can make your very own unique one-off fabric!
Do you have lots of fabric scraps that you just don't know what to do with? Well here is a wonderful idea for you to try, and you can guarantee that no one else will have exactly the same end result!
This wonderful idea from some fabulous sewers on instagram: @coolstitches @whatlydiamade @andagainco
It's such a simple idea, and so fun to do. Please do check out their instagram accounts to watch their reels!
- Cut up any fabric scraps into smaller pieces (or big pieces depending on what pattern you want to create). @coolstitches pours hers onto a cutting mat, then takes a rotary cutter to them.
- Sandwich the scraps between two layers of organza fabric
- Flatten it down so the scraps are even and not bulky in sections
- Use your sewing machine to sew diagonal lines across the sandwiched organza. Then across the other way to create squares
- Et voila, you have yourself a piece of quilted fabric!
- Now use your me-made fabric for your projects however you wish!
The creative possibilities are endless! And who doesn't love a zero-waste project!