As the name suggests, Closet Core Patterns design 'core' patterns for your wardrobe, i.e. a capsule wardrobe! Make a true statement with the Jo Dress & Jumpsuit.
A V-necked bodice with a sculptural “croissant” sleeve is the star of the show and can be mixed and matched with your choice of pants or skirt to create a bold dress or jumpsuit. Featuring a beautiful and innovative bias-bound slot seam finish to add structure and dimension, Jo is an engaging sew with a big impact.
The bodice for both views features a rounded, cut-on sleeve — choose between the large sleeve with an exaggerated rounded shape, or the small sleeve with a less dramatic silhouette. The bodice is shaped with darts in the front and a comfortable elastic waist in the back, and the neckline and outer sleeve seams are finished with our unique slot seam finish. Both views are finished with a traditional zipper and fabric zipper pull to make it easy to get on and off.
View A is a dress with a midi-length straight-cut skirt, front darts, a bias-bound center slit, and curved front pockets.
View B is a jumpsuit with a tapered leg, front darts, and curved front pockets.
Skill Level: Advanced
Sizes: 0-20 US sizing
Fabrics and Notions: To create stability and structure for this design, we suggest stable midweight wovens such as linen, cotton broadcloth, sateen, ikat, and chambray. You may also use lightweight denim and twill provided it has some degree of drape.
View A (Midi Dress & Large Croissant Sleeves)
45" / 1.14m: 0-8 = 3yd/2.75m, 10-14 = 3.25yd/3m, 16-20 = 3.75yd/3.5m
58" / 1.5m: 0-8 = 2.5yd/2.25m, 10-14 = 2.75yd/2.5m, 16-20 = 3yd/2.75m
View B (Jumpsuit & Small Croissant Sleeves)
45" / 1.14m: 0-8 = 3.25yd/3m, 10-14 = 3.75yd/3.5m, 16-20 = 4.25yd/3.75m
58" / 1.5m: 0-8 = 2.75yd/2.5m, 10-14 = 3.25yd/3m 16-20 = 3.75yd/3.5m
- Lightweight fusible interfacing, 1/4yd (0.2m)
- Waistband elastic, 1yd (0.9m) x 1" (25mm) wide
- Conventional metal or plastic zipper to match fabric, 22" (56cm) long (smaller sizes may need to shorten the zipper)
- Double fold bias tape, 1/2" (13mm) wide
- View A: 7 yds (6.5 m)
- View B: 5 yds (4.5 m)
- If you are making your own bias tape: add an additional 1/2 yd (0.5 m) fabric for 58" (1.5 m) wide fabric, or 3/4 yd (0.7 m) fabric for 45" (1.15 m) wide fabric, in addition to a 1" (25 mm) bias tape maker
- Hook and eye closure for back neckline
- Thread in matching colour
Seam Allowance: Our patterns for woven fabrics have a 5/8 seam allowance included.
Photo Credits: Closet Core Studio Inc
Only the sewing pattern is supplied - photos are for reference only for what the finished garment could look like.