As the name suggests, Closet Core Patterns design 'core' patterns for your wardrobe, i.e. a capsule wardrobe!
Inspired by a genius songwriter with timeless style, Mitchell is a modern interpretation of a classic pleated trouser. Elegant and comfortable with very special details, they are destined to become your new favourite bottoms.
The Mitchell Trousers are high-waisted with a fly front zipper and a comfy hidden waistband facing for a sleek continuous silhouette through the rise–choose between a hidden pants hook and bar or classic button closure. Deep pleats in the front enclose a unique angled pocket. Darts shape the back, with optional back welt pockets. View A features a tapered leg ending at the ankle. View B features a full-length wide leg and adjustable waist straps secured with D-rings or sliders.
Skill Level: Intermediate
Fabrics and Notions:
- For a structured look, use sturdy woven fabrics like light to midweight denim, twill and canvas, and midweight linen, cotton, and wool suiting.
- For a softer effect, choose midweight fabrics with drape, such as tencel twill, wool crepe, or silk noil.
View A (Tapered Leg)
- 45" (1.15 m): Sizes 0-16: 2.75 yd (2.5 m), Sizes 18-20 = 3 yd (2.75 m)
- 58" (1.5 m): Sizes 0-6: 2 yd (1.75 m), Sizes 8-16 = 2.25 yd (2 m), Sizes 18-20 = 2.5 yd (2.25 m)
View B (Wide Leg)
- 45" (1.15 m): Sizes 0-6: 3.25 yd (3 m), Sizes 8-20 = 3.5 yd (3.25 m)
- 58" (1.5 m): Sizes 0-12: 2.75 yd (2.5 m), Sizes 14-20 = 3 yd (2.75 m)
- Fusible interfacing, 1/2 yd (0.45 m) for 58” wide interfacing, 1 yd (0.9 m) for 20” wide interfacing
- Pocket lining, 3/4 yd (0.7 m) for 45” or 58” wide fabric
- Pants zipper, sizes 0-6 = 5" long, sizes 8-16 = 6" long, sizes 18-20 = 7" long
- Sew-in hook & bar closure for pants, 1/2" (13mm) or
- Pants button to secure fly front, 5/8" (16 mm)
- Button for inside waistband, 5/8” (16 mm)
- Thread in matching colour
- Optional: Slider buckles (one pair) or D-Rings (two pairs) for adjustable waist straps, 1 1/2” (38 mm) wide
- Optional: Small buttons to secure back pocket welts, 3/8 - 1/2" (10-15 mm)
- Optional: Twill tape to reinforce front pocket openings, 1/2 yd (0.5 m)
- Optional: Double fold bias tape for finishing waistband (may be replaced with serged stitch), 2 yds (1.75 m)
Seam Allowance: Our patterns for woven fabrics have a 5/8 seam allowance included.
Photo Credits: Closet Core Studio Inc
Only the sewing pattern is supplied - photos are for reference only for what the finished garment could look like.