Friday Pattern Co., the Heather Blazer is unstructured and modern. This comfortable and stylish jacket has a slightly oversized fit and can be worn in all seasons. It is the perfect editorial layering piece.
This pattern is designed to be approachable for the beginner sewist. If you have always wanted to dip your toe into making outerwear but have felt intimidated, this is a great place to start!
- Sizes XS/0 - 7X/32 (32”/81cm -60”/152cm chest).
- XS-XXL were drafted using sample measurements for a B/C cup. 1X-7X were drafted using sample measurements for a C/D cup.
- Confident beginner - intermediate level sewing.
- Printed pattern includes: instruction booklet and pattern in all sizes printed on white tissue paper.
- Includes 1cm Seam Allowances
- Designed for woven fabrics.
- Two piece sleeve
- Fully lined
- 5% of proceeds go to charity. This pattern benefits The Loveland Foundation
- (1) 3/4-1" sized button
- Marking tool
- Matching thread
- Hand sewing needle
The Heather Blazer is designed for woven fabrics. The easy silhouette of the Heather makes it look great in a variety of fabrics:
MAIN FABRIC: Any woven fabric with a bit of weight to it is great: Linen, suiting, twill, denim, canvas. Avoid fabrics that can't take a press since there is a fair amount of fusible interfacing involved in this project.
LINING FABRIC: Typically you want to line your jackets with something that will easily slide on and off over other fabrics. Anything a little bit slippery would work. Rayon, silk, a cotton with a tight weave.
WOVEN INTERFACING: You want the type that looks like fabric (not the papery kind) and is fusible. The papery kind will work in a pinch but it is worth investing in the woven stuff as it will really give your blazer a nicer feel.
KNIT INTERFACING: This interfacing also looks like fabric but has stretch, it will reinforce the collar and lapel without making them too stiff!
The model in the natural colored linen suit is wearing a size small blazer with no modifications. She is 5'6" tall (168cm).
The model in the plaid version is wearing a size 4X with no modifications. She is 6' tall (183cm).
Only the sewing pattern is supplied. Photos are for reference only for what the finished garment could look like.