TAUKO magazine issue No. 6 explores the clothing worn in creative studios and ateliers, and features 10 sewing patterns by independent designers.
A glance into an artist’s work wardrobe will quickly reveal what’s in the making. The paint splatters, scraps of yarn, and sawdust on an artist’s workwear reveal the materials, colours, and shapes of their creative process. What image does an artist’s workwear portray?
The garments featured in this issue show a variety of functional and expressive sewing patterns.
All patterns come in 9 sizes from bust width 31” / 78cm to 57.5” / 146cm.
TAUKO Magazine is a pioneering independent print publication for home sewists around the world. The vast horizon of crafts, culture and climate is featured in sewing patterns, interviews, columns, articles, tips and recommendations by international contributors.
SEWING PATTERN DESIGNERS:
Carly Dean, Annukka Lahti, Madeline Southwick, Emily Klug, Hedvig Rivó, Magdalena Neuhauser, Kaisa Rissanen, Eli Clavreul, Alex Schaufele, Bren larsen and Mila Moisio.
TAUKO is a 128-page collectable that measures in at 275mm high x 215mm wide. There are four folded paper pattern sheets included with the magazine. It is printed in Estonia with a glue and stitch binding to secure durability and easy reading.
ERRATA (Last updated 13.02.2023)
When starting your sewing project, please note that there are errors in your copy of TAUKO Magazine, which we would like to correct:
- Your copy is missing the book reviews from page 33, which you can find HERE.
- The magazine page 110 should be on page 108 (JORDAN instructions)
- AND the page 114 should be on 112 (OVERT-IT instructions)
- You can print the complete corrected sewing instructions for JORDAN here and for OVERT IT here.
- If you wish to print the missing pages 33, 110 and 114 you can find them HERE.
- If you have received a copy with a printed errata sheet, please note that for JORDAN overall, p. 110, step 6 should be: Inseam pockets: Place, pin, and sew the outer (not inner!) pocket pieces to the front trousers pieces with the right sides of the fabric together.
- AURELIA dress:
- Pattern sheet E: there are two pattern templates named wrong. “dress front facing right” should be “dress front facing left” AND “dress front facing left” should be “dress front facing right”
- The same mistake repeats on page 104 on the pattern template inventory image.
- LUCE trousers: p. 100 Cutting: the instructions are missing cutting list for interfacing pieces. Cut 1 x waistband back, 1 x waistband left upper and waistband right upper from interfacing.
- ARTIST: p. 89 Ribbons: the length in cm is missing. Cut 6 x rectangular piece, 1.2 x 5.9"/ 3 x 15 cm
- LYNN: The instructions refer to neckline facing, read this as neckline cutout
We are thankful for your understanding and are sorry for any inconvenience this may have cost you.
If you have any questions regarding the patterns, please don’t hesitate to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Designed and published by TAUKOdesign Oy.
Please note: Magazines are non-returnable.