What To Do With Scraps
A KIND CLOTH encourages minimising wastage. Here's a starting point of ideas with what you can do with those pesky fabric scraps you accumulate after a project!
Please comment below to share your ideas too, what do you do with yours?
- Back with organic cotton/bamboo towelling to make reusable cosmetic wipes
- Stitch pieces together to use as bias tape
- Stitch pieces together to make piping. This is great for pattern scraps for contrasting piping - it's all about the detail!
- Use scraps for facings or as pocket linings
- Sandwich with interlining to make bookmarks
- Shred into smaller pieces to use as filling/stuffing
- Make small bean bags to use as pattern weights
- Patchwork in style - for example, sew 2 large pieces together to create 1 front piece to use as a top front, creating a half and half pattern.
- Make patch pockets with them, and add to plain tees
- I'm sure you already have - face masks!
Add your tips and ideas in the comments box below!