From the Friday Pattern Co., the Hughes Dress is the perfect everyday dress. It features Viennese seams, gathered sleeves, and a gorgeous scoop neckline. The bodice is lined and the skirt has an a-line sweep. It buttons up the front and has an adjustable lace-up tie in the back. The tie can be cinched in or loosened depending on desired fit. The Hughes Dress is designed to be a timeless style with beautiful construction details that can be treasured for generations.
Don't worry about where to store your valuables while wearing this dress. The Hughes features comfortable easy to sew pockets!
The back laces up which is not only fashionable, but gives you a flexible and comfortable fit. Tighten or loosen the ties based on your mood!
The elegant scoop neckline gives this dress a timeless look. Let your décolletage breathe without feeling exposed.
- Sizes XS/0 - 7X/32 (32”/81cm -60”/152cm chest).
- Bust sizes A/B and C/D included in pattern.
- Intermediate level sewing.
- Printed pattern includes: instruction booklet and pattern in all sizes printed on white tissue paper
- Designed for woven fabrics
- 5% of proceeds go to charity. This pattern benefits The Trevor Project
- 1 yard lightweight fusible interfacing
- Marking tool
- Matching thread
- 11 1/2"-1" [1.3-2.5 cm] buttons
- Small safety pin or tube turning tool
The Hughes Dress is designed for woven fabrics. You will get a different look depending on the fabric you select. A drapey rayon or silk will give a more elegant dressy look, while a more sturdy fabric like a linen will give you a gorgeous everyday dress. We encourage you to be creative and daring with fabric, any dress weight woven fabric is suitable.
Images: Friday Pattern Co.
- The model in the solid rust colored version is wearing a size small, A/B cup size, with no modifications. She is 5'6" tall (168cm).
- The model in the red floral version is wearing a size 4X, C/D cup, with no modifications. She is 6' tall (183cm).
Only the sewing pattern is supplied. Photos are for reference only for what the finished garment could look like.