From the Friday Pattern Co., the Ilford Jacket is a versatile style that’s modular design makes for a pattern that is simple, yet impactful. It can be customised a million different ways and really is a “choose your own adventure” type of pattern that incorporates your design sense into the project!
It features drop shoulders and comes with two sleeve options: a placketed sleeve with cuff, and an easy to sew boxy sleeve for a more relaxed vibe. It also includes two lengths as well as a bunch of pocket templates that you can mix and match! The possibilities are endless!
You can wear the Ilford as a jacket or shirt depending on the fabric you use. This is a fun, skill building pattern that you will want to make/wear again and again! This pattern is for everyone and looks great on all genders!
- Sizes XS - 7X
- Confident beginner - intermediate level sewing
- Printed pattern includes: instruction booklet and pattern in all sizes printed on white tissue paper
- Includes 1cm seam allowances
- Designed for woven fabrics
- 5% of proceeds go to charity. This pattern benefits The Trevor Project
- 5-10 buttons (any size is fine, but we recommend 1-1.5” buttons)
- 1 yard fusible interfacing (weight depends on the fabric you are using but light to mid weight is recommended)
- Matching thread
The Ilford Jacket is designed for wovens and can be made from a wide variety of fabrics! For a boxier look go for a lightweight canvas, linen, denim, or corduroy. It also looks amazing in a drapey woven. When sewn up in a flannel, it is the perfect fall layering piece! The design lines of this pattern are simple enough that you have room to experiment with fabrics you may not have worked with before!
Images: Friday Pattern Co.
Only the sewing pattern is supplied. Photos are for reference only for what the finished garment could look like.